I was in the Dollar Tree and I found these cute little pumpkins. I just knew they would make for a great craft project. I bought a few pumpkins and that's how this pumpkin makeover began. It's always fun to take something inexpensive and turn it into something that looks like it cost much more. In this case, how could I go wrong with a pumpkin from the dollar tree?
I did need a few other supplies to complete this project but all in all, I was able to tackle this project on the cheap. Here's what I used.
- A frame filled with wood or glass
- Dollar Tree pumpkin
- DIY paint in Farm Fresh, Crinoline, and Faded Burlap
- DIY wax or Liquid Patina
- Paint Pixie paint brush and wax brush
- Decorative items such as ribbon, burlap, raffia, spanish moss, fall leaves, and a tree branch
- Transfer, stencil or metal letters
- Serrated knife
- Hot Glue Gun and glue
Making the project was easy. I did a live tutorial with all the steps.
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial. Let me know how your project turns out!